Let’s Look at the Latest Developments in 3D Printing
No doubt about it: 3D printing technology is changing the world. Every day, engineers, designers, and entrepreneurs are coming up with new 3D printing applications. Let’s take a look at a few examples of the latest uses of 3D printing.
Latest Developments in the World of 3D Printing
- The Washington Post runs a story on how a worldwide coalition of 3D printers is helping Ukrainian soldiers get the medical supplies and weapons accessories they need to keep fighting the Russian occupation.
- CNN reports that doctors will soon be able to 3D-print organs using a patient’s cells rather than donor organs. The Hill runs a similar story about 3D bioprinting.
- Freethink does a story about “Project Virginia,” the world’s most ambitious 3D-printed housing project. With the goal of solving America’s affordable housing crisis, 3D printing construction company Alquist 3D aims to build 200 3D-printed houses in Virginia over the next 5 years.
- Bikerunner reviews the Posedla Joyseat bike saddle, which uses 3D printing and a “butt kit” to create the first truly custom-fitted bicycle saddle.
- CNET tells us how GM, facing a shortage of components needed for the 2022 Chevrolet Tahoe, turned to industrial 3D printers to print 60,000 auto parts to avoid a crucial parts shortage.
- Yahoo Finance predicts that the 3D printing plastics market will be worth $1.9 billion by 2027. The increasing supply of 3D printing plastics is cited as one of the factors spurring the market’s growth
- CBS affiliate WKRC has a story about Ursa Major, a company that’s using 3D printing to create reusable rocket engines.
- DroneDJ posts a feature about how start-up tech developer Axel Box is using 3D printing technology to produce cheaper, more heat-resistant firefighting drones.
ProTek Models is a Leader in Cutting Edge 3D Printing Additive Manufacturing
For nearly two decades, private companies and government organizations all over the U.S. have turned to ProTek Models to fulfill their 3D printing needs. We’re leaders in the field of 3D printing additive manufacturing and custom scale modeling. Our partners include the likes of Boeing, NASA, Raytheon, Mitsubishi, West Coast Customs, Saleen Automotive, Circor Energy, and the U.S Air Force, to name a few.
Our team of engineers possesses the talent and technology to transform your designs into high-quality functional 3D parts and prototypes. We are here to help you create:
- High-quality custom scale models in any size and any quantity;
- High-quality production-grade FDM 3D printed parts in any size and any quantity;
- High-quality production-grade SLA/NEXA3D 3D printed parts in any size and any quantity;
- High-quality urethane cast parts in soft and rigid materials in small and large sizes and quantities, and
- High-quality carbon fiber, fiberglass, and Kevlar parts in small and large sizes and quantities – all to your exact specifications!
Find Out How ProTek Models Can Help You With Your 3D Printing Project
Looking for a custom scale model or have a 3D printing project? Call ProTek Models at (832) 968-6636 or contact us through our website to get more information and a free quote.