Advantages of Scale Models for Businesses
A scale model is a model of a real or imagined physical object that is proportionately larger or smaller than the object it is meant to represent. Scale models have been around for years and can be constructed out of a variety of materials, including wood, metal, plastic, and foam. Scale models are used for a wide range of business purposes, including R & D and marketing. There are also many people who enjoy constructing scale models simply as a hobby.
Examples of custom scale models include:
- Tradeshow display models
- Lobby display models
- Experimental and testing models
- Conference room display models
- Marketing models
- Education models
- Move and TV models
- Product development models
- End-product quality prototypes
- Executive-level gift models
- Public relations models
- Outdoor display models
- Product visualization models
- Sales aid models
- Training aid models
- Theme park models
How Scale Models Benefit Businesses
Scale models provide businesses with a number of advantages:
- In many instances, scale models are often less expensive and more practical than constructing full-size prototypes. They are useful for representing objects that are either too big (say, the planet Jupiter) or too small (like a DNA molecule) to be built to full size.
- They can be invaluable to engineering and design teams. They are useful for testing the likely performance of a design object and exposing any design faults. It provides designers and engineers with the opportunity to test many different design variations without the costs of building an actual full-size prototype.
- Custom scale models can be the most effective and exciting way to present any product without having to show the actual product. 3D scale models are easier to understand than blueprints or schematic drawings, especially for people without a lot of engineering or architectural experience. It’s a great way for businesses to give investors and buyers a real look at a proposed item or project.
- This also makes scale models a great promotional tool. Scale models can be displayed at a wide range of public and business events to market your company to prospective customers.
Custom Scale Models to Help Your Business Grow
ProTek Models is an established leader in the creation of durable, high quality, and high detailed custom scale models. Our team of expert model makers, engineers, designers, and craftsmen can make models of virtually anything in any size and with any level of complexity, using a wide variety of materials. Because we fabricate, finish, and assemble almost everything in-house our clients can rest assured knowing that their job will be completed on time and on budget, every time, to your precise specifications.
We’ve built many types of scale models, including:
- Aircraft, rocket, and automobile engines
- Cars, trucks, railroads, and other vehicles
Our client list includes Boeing, Raytheon, West Coast Customs, NASA, Mitsubishi, Oceaneering, the U.S Air Force, and more.
Contact us through our website or call ProTek Models at (832) 968-6636 to get a price quote or learn more about our custom scale model, FDM 3D printing, automotive 3D printing, and urethane casting services.